Monday, April 4, 2011

Navajo Tacos


Ingredients:

 Rhodes rolls
Vegetable oil
Chili (I used Nalley's)
Olives
Salsa
Cheddar cheese
(and for dessert scones.. honey butter!)

Directions:

5 hours before you want dinner set out Rhodes rolls to thaw.  
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or til hot.
Stretch out thawed rolls, and set into oil to cook.
Flip over after a few minutes to brown both sides.
Remove from oil and top with chili, cheese, olives, salsa and whatever else you like.

Verdict:

 This is a fun dinner because everyone gets to make whatever they want really. Scott likes thick scones, I like thin... You put what you want on it.. it gives you some options. This is another dinner that for some reason I'm just not a fan, but Scott likes it and I'm not repeating dinners.. so I gotta use all the options I can. I topped most of mine with honey butter (so much better that way)! Also, the oil temperature is a bit tempermental. If it's too hot you'll have to turn the scones really fast or they'll burn, and if it's not hot enough the rolls will soak up the oil and be nasty. The oil should bubble and sizzle when you place the scone in if that helps. Also tongs are helpful when it comes to flipping the scones!

Ratings:
Ashley: 6 belches       Scott: 8 grunts       Payton: 10 wags

No comments:

Post a Comment