Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beef Brisket


Ingredients:

2-3 pounds beef brisket
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar

Directions:

Combine red wine vinegar and brown sugar.
When mixed, pour into a crockpot. Add brisket (fatty side up).
Cook on high 5-6 hours, low 7-8 hours or til meat is cooked through.

Verdict:

This was a really good meal. We served it with Worcestershire or BBQ sauce and both were really good. I came home from the grocery store with a huge chunk of meat because I was too nervous to ask the butcher to cut the brisket down, so I bought 6 pounds worth (we split it into 3 chuncks and froze 2). It does shrink down a lot when it's cooked but one third of that chunk was plenty of meat for Scott and I. In my opinion it tasted pretty much like roast, so I would say cut down the cost, since brisket isn't cheap, and just buy a roast. However, the meat was very tender and absolutely delicious!!

Ratings:

Ashley: 8 belches       Scott: 10 grunts       Payton: 10 wags

No comments:

Post a Comment