Monday, March 7, 2011

Biscuits and Gravy



Ingredients:

1 lb Country sausage
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
2 Cups milk
1 package Pillsbury biscuits

Directions

Brown country sausage in a large skillet.
In a medium saucepan melt butter and add flour. Stir until it's a pasty mixture. Add milk.
Add gravy to browned sausage. Turn heat to down to low to keep the gravy warm.
Cook the biscuits as directed on label.
Pour gravy over cooked biscuits and enjoy!

Verdict:

This was very good! I had to take it to work so I didn't eat it fresh after it was made, but even warmed up it tasted great! I felt like there were a million dishes after cooking this, but it was good so it was worth the clean up. We each had 2 biscuits and were full so we had a leftovers, which still tasted fantastic! If more gravy is needed follow the ratio of 2 TBS butter, 2 TBS flour to 1 cup of milk. I'm guessing the kind of milk doesn't really matter. We used 1%, I know my mom uses skim, so probably any kind works.

Rating:

Ashley: 8 belches
Scott: 6 grunts
Payton: 10 wags

No comments:

Post a Comment