Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Rolls



Ingredients:

2 Chicken breasts
Asparagus sprigs
Pepperjack cheese
1 Chicken bouillon cube
3 cups Water

Directions:

Boil water and add bouillon cube to make broth.
Flatten chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick.
Saute asparagus in butter in a skillet.
Place a thick slice of pepperjack cheese and 3 asparagus sprigs on the flattened chicken.
Roll the chicken up and secure with a toothpick or two.
Place in a crock pot and pour broth over.
Add an asparagus sprig on top of each chicken roll.
Cook in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.

Verdict:

Thanks to Jodi from work for this recipe! It was so good! She warned me to put a lot of cheese in because it seems to disappear in the cooking.. I apparently didn't listen. I couldn't taste the cheese at all.. so next time I'll add even more! Maybe one on top of each roll and maybe 2 slices inside each. Even without the cheese it was still a very good meal!! I added the broth because I was worried the chicken would dry it. It turned out perfect!! We loved this dinner!

Rating:

Ashley: 7 belches
Scott: 7 grunts
Payton: 10 wags

No comments:

Post a Comment