Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chicken Florentine


Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts 
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups spinach
4 slices swiss cheese
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Season chicken to taste and dredge lightly in flour
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in the oil til cooked through.
Bring water to a boil and cook spinach til it turns bright green. do not overcook!!
Drain well. 
Line a baking pan with foil, and place chicken in it. 
Top with spinach and a slice of cheese.
Squeeze lemon juice of the chicken
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, or until cheese bubbles.

Verdict:

I think this dinner is a work in progress. It was really good, but I was expecting more from it and I think with a little tweaking it could be amazing! As for now it had a little less flavor than I thought it would, but still a really good meal as is. I was super hesitant with the lemon juice (about 2 or 3 drops per chicken) because of the last disasterous lemon meal, so maybe next time I could add a bit more. Also the directions about the spinach turning bright green.. bright green to me is bright green.. and my spinach never turned close to that color! So I'm not sure if I ended up overcooking it or not.. I couldn't taste it at all so maybe that's a yes? I don't want this to sound discouraging though, it really wasn't bad tasting.. I just wasn't sure exactly how to make it and think next time I could do a better job.

Rating:
Ashley: 8 belches       Scott: 8       Payton: 10 wags

No comments:

Post a Comment