Monday, June 6, 2011

Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
dash of sugar
1 cup heavy cream
grated parmesan (to taste)
1 1/2 pound fetteccine

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat butter and oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute.
Pour in tomato sauce and sugar.
Stir and cook over low heat for 25 -30 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in cream.
Add cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.
Stir in pasta and serve immediately.

Verdict:

This was ok.. I recommend less onion next time, a lot less onion!! It was the only thing I could taste. I halfed the recipe since I'm only feeding 2 and it was a good idea because we still had 1 serving left over. I don't think I'll cook this one again though, and if I do it'll have a lot of tweeking done to it.

Rating:
Ashley: 6 belches       Scott: 5.3 grunts       Payton: 10 wags

No comments:

Post a Comment